CBA pledges up to $1 million and launches CanGive Flood Appeal
Commonwealth Bank expands its Emergency Assistance to additional areas in Queensland and New South Wales, donates $500,000 and dollar matches donations to the CanGive Flood Appeal, up to $500,000.
In response to catastrophic flooding across Australia’s east coast, Commonwealth Bank today announced it will expand Emergency Assistance to additional flood-affected areas in Queensland, while continuing to assist impacted customers and businesses in New South Wales and pledges $500,000 to support customers and businesses in flood-affected areas as well as dollar matching contributions.
Retail Banking Services Group Executive, Angus Sullivan, said: “Today we’re making a $500,000 donation, to help get communities who have been devastated by the floods back on the path to recovery. We’re also making it easier for our customers to show their support. We’re launching CanGive, enabling customers to make donations in the CommBank app. We’ll be dollar matching donations up to $500,000.”
The expansion of the Emergency Assistance to other impacted areas is in addition to the existing Emergency Assistance available for South-East Queensland and New South Wales.
For updates on our services including branch opening hours, please visit www.commbank.com.au/info.
The support measures on offer to all Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers in flood impacted areas across Queensland and northern New South Wales will be assessed on a case by case basis and may include:
- Customised payment arrangements including option to apply to defer payments for your home loan, credit card and personal loan.
- Customised payment arrangements including option to apply to defer payments on eligible business loans.
- Waiving fees and charges.
- Temporary overdrafts, additional loans or emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Waiving fees and notice periods for early access to Term Deposits.
- For CommInsure customers, we are able to assist with emergency accommodation if your home has been damaged.
- Loan restructuring for business customers and existing loans.
- Waiving fees for temporary and damaged merchant EFTPOS terminals, as well as support with merchant terminal rental fees.
- We can also expedite claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home and contents insurance.
Further information about CBA’s Emergency Assistance and for links to other support visit commbank.com.au/emergencyassistance.