CBA to distribute $4 million in grants to support flood affected communities
Commonwealth Bank is calling for grant applications from its Flood Relief Fund from local community organisations supporting relief, recovery and clean up in areas affected by recent flooding.
The CommBank Flood Relief Fund will provide $2 million to support organisations involved in the recovery efforts of the communities affected by the east coast floods. From today, CBA will accept applications for grants up to $10,000 from community organisations.
CBA CEO, Matt Comyn said: “CBA is here to provide our customers and communities with support today and support tomorrow. Through these grants we hope to assist hundreds of community organisations in their clean-up, rebuild and recovery efforts.”
For more information, and to apply for a grant from the CommBank Flood Relief Fund click here.
The Fund is on top of the $2 million in CanGive donations and matched CBA contributions which are being dispersed to support the immediate recovery effort in flood affected communities. CBA has already provided $500,000 through our CanGive Flood Appeal to the Australian Red Cross, Queensland SES, New South Wales SES and Thread Together, to provide immediate assistance on the ground.
“Australians have shown over the past several years that when we come together, we’re strong and resilient in the face of challenges. CBA is committed to supporting our customers and communities as they deal with the immediate impacts of the catastrophic flooding along Australia’s east coast. We will be with them for the long haul, through recovery and rebuild,” Mr Comyn said.
CommBank Flood Relief Fund eligibility
To be eligible to apply for a grant from the CommBank Flood Relief Fund, each organisation must:
- Be a not-for-profit or community organisation directly impacted by the floods or supporting flood affected regions, including rescue services, schools, or sporting clubs. Individuals and for-profit businesses are not eligible for a grant;
- Hold a current Australian bank account in the recipient organisation’s name;
- Organisations are not required to be Commonwealth Bank customers.
Eligible organisations can apply for a grant from the CommBank Flood Relief Fund up to the value of $10,000. These can be used to provide:
- Relief – provision of supplies and services to assist with immediate needs in the community
- Restoration and recovery – helping to strengthen and rebuild communities after the initial emergency response, such as replacing or repairing damaged equipment and facilities
- Resilience/risk reduction – working with the community to improve education and raise awareness to ensure the impact of future disaster events are minimised
- Applications for grants are now open
- Applications will be reviewed weekly to expedite funding into the community